Every child deserves the best start in life. Research shows that Looked After Children and Previously Looked After Children have a high level of needs stemming from their experiences.
Did you know that...
- Adopted children between the age of 3 & 4 are eligible for the Early Years Pupil Premium. The funding goes directly to Early Years providers that offer the free early education entitlement.
- If your child has been previously looked after in England prior to being permanently placed, your child has the right to priority admission to the school that you think would best meet their needs.
- Pupil Premium Plus (PP+) is additional funding that is available to schools where there are pupils from Reception to Year 11 who were previously looked after in England or Wales.
- The Virtual School supports children who are looked after or previously looked after to ensure their schools are meeting their needs.
- Your child will have access to a designated teacher who can help ensure they are effectively supported.
To secure the very best support for your child, and to ensure your child attracts the Pupil Premium,
please talk to your school in confidence.