Succeeding Together

Google Search
Google Translate

Who will work with my child?

Who will work with my child ?

  • External health and education professionals

  • Teachers/Teaching Assistants/Trained volunteers

If your child needs one-to-one support you will be consulted so that we find the candidate with the best possible knowledge and skills to suit their needs.


What specialised services and expertise can be accessed by children at our school?

There are many additional services that may be accessed for your child, depending on their needs these may include:

  • Educational Psychologists

  • Occupational Therapists

  • Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)

  • Specialist Teachers

  • Specialist Outreach Services

  • Relate Counselling

  • Family Support Workers

  • Community Paediatrician

  • Speech and Language Therapists

  • Teaching Assistants with SEN specific qualifications

  • SENDCo with a SEN post graduate qualification



What training do school staff receive to support children with SEND?

Continuing professional development is part of Osbournby’s commitment to our staff.  Alongside school based training, teachers and TAs (Teaching Assistants) attend a range of training covering all aspects of learning.  Adults who deliver intervention strategies are trained in its content and delivery and our SEND work is reviewed annually to ensure best practice.


Alongside the teaching qualifications of all our teachers (which will have included some SEND training) a number of our staff have qualifications which are specifically linked to working with SEND pupils.  Any adult from an external agency working with your child will have the appropriate experience and qualifications.